Friday, March 5, 2010

Recording .... Documentary .....

We're going into the studio next week to begin RECORDING our LP!! YAY! We have about 15 songs written/half written... I probably want a 9 or 10 song album. no more.

Saturday afternoon we're going to the New Haven Artspace to be filmed for Hells Bells Productions' "SWAN DAY" Documentary. Very excited to answer questions all about myself! haha. I never know what to say. Any ideas? Maybe I'll make up an elaborate story of how i got into meth and cocaine, and music was the only thing that saved me.

Only a couple shows coming up (SWAN Day April 3, EC PopFest May 15). we're trying to focus on recording. I have a love-hate relationship with recording. A lot of the time what I hear in my mind can never be replicated on tape. Its exhausting. And another thing I love is when you record something really, really late or when you're really, really f*cked up and you think its the greatest piece of music EVER. Then the next day its a complete piece of shit. It works the other way too, so maybe it all evens out. We're recording with 2 really great engineers this time, so I'm hoping it'll go more smoothly.

that's all for now...

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment