Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 1 Recording - Dirty Hands

Last night was Night 1 of recording. Got to the Skate Park Studio (or Fuzzy Rainbow) around 9, got home around 2:30 this morning... the session has to begin so late due to the skater boyzzz (and girls!) making their ruckus downstairs. we tracked drums, bass, guitar, and vocals for Dirty Hands. It went rather smoothly. A little too smoothly:) ha. I wanted to sing out of an amp, since I sing better for some reason hearing it back at me like that, but SOMEONE was vehemently against it. I won't name names:). That's ok, vocal performance turned out alright. I did this reeeeeally high backing vocal on the pre-chorus, and everyone kept saying it sounded like Krull. I thought it sounded kinda silly, but we may put it way in the background ... far left or somethin. Anyways, bass sounds nice and dirty and nasty, but de-cockified. I can't wait to blow out the drums, and put some nastiness on my vocals. Should be fun! Some pics of the session to come. Our engineers love us so much that they showed us "CakeFarts" to end the evening. I thought it was a reference to CakeWalk, but no, its actually CakeFarts.




-A

No comments:

Post a Comment